One of our very favorite cookies! Serve them for breakfast with a strong cappuccino – they’re a perfect stand in for an Almond Croissant!
Almond Crescent Cookies
7 oz. Almond Paste (not marzipan –Love n Bake makes a readily available GF product.)
1 oz. Almond Flour (remember, you can make your own in a coffee mill.)
1 egg white
4 oz. (½ c.) light brown sugar
¼ teaspoon almond extract
1 ½ Cup sliced almonds (might need more to fully coat all the cookies.)
Another egg white.
325 F oven; rack set at the middle. Cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Blend almond paste, sugar and salt.
- Add 1 egg white and almond extract.
- Measure into 1 oz. pieces of dough and roll into balls (12)
- Whisk the other egg white in a smallish bowl.
- Spread the sliced almonds on a large plate or piece of parchment paper.
- One at a time, dip the balls into the egg white wash and roll in the almonds, gently forming the dough into crescent shapes as you work. This will be a little easier if you refrigerate the dough, but it isn’t necessary.
- Place on the cookie sheet and bake at 325 for 20 minutes. Raise the cookie sheet to the top quarter of the oven and bake for 5 more minutes or until lightly browned.
If you have sliced almonds left over, bake them in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until dry and save them for future use in another recipe.
Reblogged this on Low FODMAP Cooking and commented:
Great for your sweet tooth!
MMMM,..;they look so delectable!
these sound really good…I love almonds!