Warm bread pudding is ultimate comfort food. This recipe using pumpkin bread is rich, delicious, and best of all easy: perfect for the end of a fireside fall dinner.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding – Serves 12-16
4 cups (2 or 3 day old) pumpkin bread, cubed (Click Here for our Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread Recipe)
1/4 cup molasses
3 cups light cream, scalded – substitute almond or soy milk for a lactose free version
3 large organic eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Prepare a 2 quart baking pan by liberally greasing it with unsalted butter (or vegetable oil if going lactose free). In half an hour preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Place the pumpkin bread cubes in the prepared pan.
3. Combine the cream, eggs, molasses, and vanilla extract in a four cup glass measuring cup; beat with an egg beater to blend.
4. Pour the cream and egg batter onto the bread cubes the prepared pan and bake at 350 F for an hour.
6. Serve hot from the oven with brandied hard sauce. This is also good warm with ice cream or whipped cream or COLD with a pouring of unsweetened organic heavy cream….