DILLY CHEDDAR BISCUITS
1/2 cup GF flour mix
1/2 cup corn flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon xantham gum
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cold butter
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup cold heavy cream
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (trimmed of the stems)
1 oz. grated sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients; whisk to blend.
3. Whisk together the heavy cream and egg yolk in a glass measuring cup. Reserve the white to use to brush on top of the pre-baked biscuits.
4. Grate the cold (or frozen) butter over the dry ingredients. Blend with your finger tips to evenly coat the butter and “process” it slightly into the flour mixture.
5. Add the Cheddar cheese and chopped dill, stir to coat the cheese and dill.
6. Pour in the heavy cream mixture and stir to make a stiff dough. Turn onto a GF floured surface and pat into to two small 1″ thick disks.
7. Add the egg white to the measuring cup, whisk to incorporate any remaining cream and swab gently onto the dough. Cut each disk into six wedges, so you have 12 mini biscuits.
8. Evenly space the biscuits on the prepared sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm out of the oven!
Note: for traditional round biscuits: roll the whole ball of dough 1″ thick and using a round cookie cutter or small glass, cut into circles. Place on the baking sheet and then brush with egg white or whatever remains of the cream mixture. These are delicious with Three Pea Soup.